Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The suspense is terrible...I hope it'll last.

I'm not myself today. I just applied for a job as a cocktail server at a gentleman's club, which is something I never thought I would do. I don't have anything against this type of job, I just never saw myself as being cute and perky enough to do it.

Ever since I received the email describing this position, I couldn't get it out of my head. Not only does this job pay twice the hourly wage that I'm making now, it also gives me a $500 monthly clothing allowance!

So as I laughed off the email asking for sorority co-eds and hot stay-at-home moms, I started to think, "Why couldn't I do this job?" It sounds fun, I like to dress up, some people find me attractive, and I really could use the money.

I'm proud of myself for applying, even if I don't get a response. For me this was a gutsy step forward. I even emailed some of my cute, and dare I say provocative halloween photos with the application.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com