Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Material Girl

Today there are a few things on my mind.

1) I am a compulsive shopper. Shopping brings me joy, which I guess makes me a materialistic soul. Oh well. I simply can't deny the excitement I get when my credit card gets swiped and the goods exchange hands. There's just so many fabulous gadgets to buy and outfits to wear, and I want them all. If I had the money, I would go shopping every single day of my life and never wear the same piece of apparel twice. With that in my, you should click on these links and help me reach my goal of full time shopping: NBA basketball Betting
& Basketball Betting.

2) My blog hasn't turned out as sarcastic as I imagined. To those who know me, I can be very sarcastic and critical of society. I'm known for my harsh movie reviews and disdain for pop culture, and for having the elitist attitude that my opinions are always right. But I've come to realize that some of my interests may seem hypocritical. I'm a walking contradiction (I apologize for the use of that cliche). I feel strongly about the things I hate, such as Britney Spears and Survivor. I also feel strongly for the guilty pleasures I love to indulge in, such as Temptation Island (season 1), fashion, and ABBA. And as it turns out, when it's time to write in my blog all I want to write the majority of the time are the things that I love!

So yes, I might write a bitterly annoyed post every once in a while, but the rest of the time I will allow myself to be more than just a caricature of Daria who posts sarcasm just for the sake of looking consistent. I haven't done that so far, but I was seriously considering it.

3) In my last post, I referred to myself briefly as a slut. I would like to clarify that usage, as it may have been a poor word choice. First of all, I don't like the negative connotations of the word. When someone calls a woman a slut in a derogatory way, I usually cringe. Let's say that "slut" refers to a women who sleeps with multiple partners. She's easy. Who cares? If I was single, then I guess I would be a slut. I like sex, and I really like men, and I know how to be safe. I can fuck as many guys as I want, and I don't think that doing so violates my moral beliefs.

Secondly, in my last post when I called myself a slut, I was using the term endearingly. I was referring to the fact that my fiance doesn't really know the extend of what turns me on in my fantasy world. And in my fantasy world, I am a slut, and it's very fun.

Ok...Glad I could get those things off my chest.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com