Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Lion VS Lamb

I wouldn't say that Zodiac signs are my religion, but I do enjoy reading my horoscope from time to time. I also like to read about zodiac personalities, not because I think that my sign dictates who I am, but because it seems to facilitate the urge to explore and describe one's personality, at least in comparison to what is supposedly written in the stars. I've come to the conclusion that we all read our horoscopes because it gives us a chance to contemplate and talk about ourselves.

Having said that, I am a Leo. I've always identified to some degree with the typical characteristics of leo.

"Leonine qualities include affectionate warmth, an outgoing nature, an imperial bearing, aggressive self-expression, and generosity of spirit."

But there has always been one aspect of being a leo that I just didn't match: being outgoing. Deep down I feel myself wanting to be outgoing, but in reality I am painfully shy and anxious when it comes to social situations. I've definitely become more introverted as I've gotten older. Internally, I want to be the life of the party--the center of attention, but I'm so neurotic and full of self-doubt that most people never see that side of me.

It's like I am made up of two opposing personalities, which I was thinking a few nights ago when I was reminded of what my name means. My real name (which isn't Daria) actually means "Like a Lamb."

I am both a lion and a lamb. What a dichotomy! (Ok, to be honest, I'm not sure if that's the correct word, but I'm gonna go with it) Perhaps my life is turning out to be a battle of wills, the lion VS the lamb. So far I would say the lamb is winning, but I'm going to root for the lion. My goal is to become king of the jungle!

I'm not saying that I believe I was destined to have this personality because I was born in August and named what I was; this metaphorical description just happens to be accurate! (Although Madonna is a leo, and I wouldn't mind being aligned with her bold character)

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com