Sunday, December 05, 2004

Female seeking Male without Playstation

I really don't understand guys and video games.

I was very excited when Nintendo came out. I think I was like 6 years old. I enjoyed playing video games quite frequently, but I also liked to read and write. And because I had a brother almost the same age as I was, I mostly got stuck watching him play games while I waited for a turn that never came. I sat through entire games knowing everything about them without ever playing them. Games like Zelda, Metroid, and Mega Man seem very familiar to me because I watched my brother play them for hours and hours.

But at some point in my life, let's say around age 17, I grew out of that whole video game thing. I don't enjoy playing or watching them anymore; it just seems like a waste of time. A game or two of solitaire will keep me busy on the computer, but even then I can't play for more than ten minutes. I'd rather read a book or even watch television, although I think TV can be waste of time too. My brother on the other hand, still buys every system and every video game that is created. My fiance also likes to play video games, although he sticks with one or two for the season that he enjoys. If he doesn't get enough playing time in for the week, he actually feels guilty! Right now he's playing the new Grand Theft Auto, and I left the room because I just couldn't listen to that stupid game while I was decorating the apartment for Xmas.

As I've come to the realize that men of this generation will possibly NEVER grow out of video games, it makes me sad and resentful.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com