Wednesday, January 19, 2005

It's My Life

There are many things that infuriate me about the latest news regarding Roe vs Wade, but what pisses me off the most is that the majority of the news articles make it sound like "Roe" is now objecting to the right to abortion for medical reasons.

First of all, abortion is proven medically safer than pregnancy.

Secondly, Norma McCorvey (Jane Roe) has become a conservative religious fanatic, and THAT is the only reason she is trying to get the abortion decision overturned. I can't believe this article doesn't even mention the religious aspect of the story.

I find the growing political force of right-wing religious fundamentalists disturbing--they don't outnumber the sane people, but they are louder and more powerful right now.

One More Thing: If Bush uses the phrase "culture of life" one more time, I am going to fucking scream. I can't even adequately express in words how much it infuriates me.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com