Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Can't Get a Grip

I haven't been sleeping well lately. It's something that usually happens around this time of year; my mind is restless, I'm having financial problems, and my relationships with friends and family are strange right now. I find myself over-analyzing every conversation and re-living certain moments until I either steep myself in self-disgust or just break down into tears. I also have a tendency to dwell on embarrassing moments of the past and get angry about them. It's all very self-indulgent and narcissistic, but I can't stop myself. I'm in a funk, and I seem to be taking it out on my fiance. But surprisingly enough, he's been very sweet no matter how bitchy I get! I truly think he's the only person in the world who can put up with me.

Even my mom cut me off when I called her the other night for consoling, so I know I must seem annoying right now. She's usually willing to listen to me no matter what. I can only hope that my mood will motivate me to get some writing done. I usually do most of my writing during periods of intense emotions. I like to purge my negative energy into grotesque characters and stories.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com