Thursday, August 26, 2004

When will it rain?

I need some cold, gloomy weather soon. I can't wait for fall and winter and the holidays. Everyone's so cynical about Christmas these days, but screw them. I love the holidays--from Halloween all the way to New Years. Not that I need an excuse to celebrate, but it's still a fun time of year. This year I am planning to decorate for Halloween and Christmas simultaneously- Nightmare Before Xmas style. Paul's fav holiday is Halloween, and Christmas is my favorite--so it just makes sense.

We've got 415 days until the wedding, not that I'm counting or anything.

I booked a hotel in San Francisco today for Sept 4th and 5th. I can't wait!

My friend M called me last night, and I could tell she was drunk because she tends to get repetitive and emotional, and she slurs too. She really opens up to me with her feelings when she's drinking, but once she's sober I'm not sure where we stand. I've actually avoided becoming too close to her because I've seen her drop other friends without a second thought in the past. But in some ways I hope we stay close friends. I have to say, even though it's cheesy, I miss having a best friend. I guess it's just a childish thing, but I remember watching Beaches and hoping that I would find a friend who I would be that close too forever. I have long term girlfriends, but nothing that I would say is that solid. I guess it would be the same as having a sister, which I don't have. I definitely fell like Paul is my best friend in that relationship way, but it's still not the same as having one girlfriend that you can always trust. Even Daria had Jane.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com