Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Back in the Day

My brother Paul once dressed in my trift store clothing as Enrique the Pimp, and this Halloween Enrique's making a comeback!

I'm going to stay in San Francisco for Labor Day weekend. I've never been there, nor have I really had the urge. But now that I'm going the excitement is building. Apparently, there is life beyond Hollywood and Vegas. We'll see how it compares though.

Sometimes when I stop and listen to myself talking, I realize that I can come across as ditzy-- Which is disturbing, because I see myself as fairly intelligent. Infact, I tend to be judgemental towards ditzy people. I was attempting to explain how the California Lottery works to someone who has never read a ticket, and I made the comment, "Getting all the numbers is the best thing--" Or something to that effect. I heard a chuckle behind me, and realized that my comment was, well, DUH.

I have heard myself do this before-- and I've come to the conclusion that while I'm not stupid or ditzy, sometimes I don't articulate well--especially if I'm in a situation with people that I don't know well. I think that maybe I subconsciously "dumb things down" because I don't have a lot of confidence in social situations. Also, I don't have the ability to articulate on command--I need time to sort out what I plan to say in order for it to sound intelligent. I guess that's why I like to write, because I can erase and rewrite as I go along. When I'm talking, I can't edit my words on the way out.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com