Tuesday, August 31, 2004

My Theme Song

I always have a favorite song of the month--which I listen to at least once a day until it gets shuffled into less frequent rotation. But this particular song--the lyrics and the concept--is my new theme song. It's a song by The Killers called On Top. I love it- I listen to it 10 times a day- and it perfectly expresses my Friday night philosophy of life.

I would really like to lose about 15 pounds, but it seems impossible at this point. I don't want to resort to some stupid, self-indulgent look-at-me-I-need-attention eating disorder, but unfortunately I have no motivation when it comes to eating healthy. Should I just start learning to accept the way I look? Part of me says yes, and part of me wants to be cute and skinny while I'm still under 30. Plus, I'm sick of getting that cynical feeling of resentment everytime I see a skinny girl. I don't want it to be me against them--I'd rather be skinny myself.

I think I really just have to choose between my love of food... and my love of being one of those skinny bitches who can wear a size 3.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com