Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Book Review

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
By Gregory Maguire

I just finished this book last night, and it was amazing. After reading Wicked, I was worried that Maguire’s second novel might leave me with disappointment as my expectations were rather high. I loved Wicked for so many reasons, and I didn’t think any other novel would compare. I was wrong; in fact, I would even go so far as to say that Confessions in some ways surpassed Wicked in the complexity of its multiple characterizations, concepts, and plot elements. It is a richly woven masterpiece. As soon as I finished it, having stayed up until 1:00am to do so, I immediately wanted to go back and read it again because I felt there was so much to interpret and digest. I can’t wait to read Maguire’s next novel, Mirror Mirror, and this time I’m sure that I won’t be disappointed.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com