Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Books I Love

These are novels that I wish I could read again for the first time.

The Blind Assassin
By Margaret Atwood
~Impressive complexity, brilliant storytelling.

The Ultimate HitchHiker's Guide
By Douglas Adams
~The only book that ever made me laugh out loud.

The Mists of Avalon
By Marion Zimmer Bradley
~I already loved Arthurian Novels, so this story gave new perspective on a subject that I loved. I felt connected to the characters, and it was the first time that I could relate to any form of spirituality. This is a great novel for feminists.

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
By Gregory Maguire
~Another retelling of a story that I already loved. Maguire does a great job weaving the mythology of OZ with a fresh perspective on the story.

The "Sleeping Beauty" Trilogy
By Anne Rice writing as A.N. Roquelaure
~My first experience with erotica; I was hooked from the first chapter.

Jane Eyre
By Charlotte Bronte

Wuthering Heights
By Emily Bronte

The Awakening
By Kate Chopin

The Stranger
by Albert Camus


 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com