Tuesday, September 28, 2004

I love the movies again

I finally saw the movie Garden State in its entirety, and it was really great. Especially considering that it was written AND directed by Zach Braff. This first film of his is very impressive. I mostly loved the soundtrack; it was emotionally stirring. This movie really portrayed what it feels like to go back to your home town—the sadness that you feel towards the loss of your childhood, as well as the sadness of seeing those who you went to school with that never got out of that town, and probably never will. Overall I would say that the creativity of this movie was refreshing. It was nice not to sit through the same clichéd crap that I’ve been used to lately.

On that note, my favorite movie of the year is out on DVD today; Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I can’t wait to watch it again! This film was truly original and thought-provoking. It was a realistic love story that spoke to those of us who have endured long term relationships and ever doubted whether or not it was worth it stay in a relationship knowing all of its faults.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com