Thursday, June 30, 2005

Days go by

I'm suddenly very paranoid about my lack of a decent memory. Sometimes friends or family bring up past events, and I either can't remember when they happened, or if they happened at all! This worries me greatly. I believe that our memories are all we have. If I can't remember what happened on my 16th birthday, then it's kind of like it never existed. For this reason I have always wanted to keep a diary, but I don't have the discipline.

My new goal is to create a log of events that I can and would like to remember starting from this year and going back as far as I can. It won't be descriptive like a journal, more like a timeline with dates, locations, and people. Hopefully I can stick to this goal. The exercise might even help to dredge up some memories that are slowly fading. I would also like to eventually include lists of dreams I've had, movies I've watched, and books I've read. Once I'm caught up to the present, I think I will be motivated to keep going with will be a more detailed journal.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com