Thursday, March 03, 2005

dream dream dream

My dreams tend to fall into one of three categories:

1) My teeth are falling out or breaking, and I suffer from tremendous humiliation and anxiety trying to come to terms with it. (Or sometimes it's my hair)

2) My fiance does something horrible to me, like cheating or breaking up with me. (One time I had a dream in which he was having sex with his best friend, a guy, and it traumatized me for weeks)

3) I win the lottery or somehow come into a very large sum of money. These are the dreams that I regret waking up from, because it takes me a few minutes to realize that it was just a dream. The dreams are so realistic, that I can actually remember feeling that incredible sigh of relief that my money worries are over.

So what does it all mean?

1)One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.

2) To dream that your mate, spouse, or significant other is cheating on you, indicates your fears of being abandoned. You may feel some lack of attention in the relationship. Alternatively, you may feel that you are not measuring up to the expectations of others.

3)To see or win money in your dream, symbolizes that success and prosperity is within your reach. Money may represent confidence, self-worth, success, or values. You have much belief in yourself. Alternatively, dreaming about money, refers to your attitudes about love and matters of the heart. It is frequently a symbol for sexuality and power. In particular, finding money indicates your quest for love or for power.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com