Thursday, March 09, 2006

What do you know about pressure?

No word yet from Boston.

Somehow I didn't get the maternal instinct gene. My entire family would be overjoyed if I would just hurry and have a baby. Part of me wishes that the idea of having children did make me happy. Then I could make everyone else happy. But it just doesn't sound that appealing. Maybe I'm too selfish to be a mother. I want to travel and write and have a career. I don't want to raise another human being. That's quite a task, and I'm just not up to it right now. My mom was always very young, and back then I thought, I want to be a young mom too. At this point I don't know if I'll ever want to be a mom. Maybe that will change with time. Right now it makes me feel guilty because I want my parents to have grandchildren.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com