Monday, April 18, 2005

Dancing Queen

For some reason when my girlfriends and I go out dancing, we always meet really nice guys--the kind we might actually date if we weren't all in serious relationships.

Don't get me wrong, we get hit on by all kinds of men, including those who are just looking to get laid or grind inappropriately on the dance floor.

But by the end of the night, we always end up meeting and hanging out with very sweet guys who don't mind that we are taken. We always let them know fairly soon that we have boyfriends, and I usually throw in the obligatory, "Feel free to ditch us for someone you might actually have a chance with," line.

I have come to the conclusion that these gentlemen stick around because either A)they hope that they still have a chance with us by wearing us down with their charms, or B)not all guys go to dance clubs to hook up like dogs!!

Take Friday night for instance. I ended up at a 70's/80's dance club with four of my friends, and we spent the whole night with two guys from the east coast. One of them, Scott, told me he was from Maine and had lived in SoCal for three years. He looked like a cute surfer boy to me, and he was a very polite dance partner. When Abba's Dancing Queen starting playing, he even took me out onto the floor and swirled me around as if I was one...it was fun.

His friend, whose name I never caught, was equally polite and sweet. He kept telling the three of us that we were "soooo cute" and that he wished we were single. Nonetheless, he stuck around for hours as well. At the end of the night he kept giving us hugs-- and I'm talking about innocent hugs, not anything perverted or sexual. My friend even gave him her business card so that they could email us if they wanted to go dancing again sometime. It was like meeting some new gay friends...only they weren't gay. It left the three of us sighing with contentment. There are great guys out there! If were we single, it might not be all bad.

What amazes me is that this is not the only time it has happened. Almost everytime we go out, my friends and I end up hanging out with guys who are genuine and polite. Now that I think about it, most of them are originally from out of state....hmmm.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com